1. Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.
2. For last year's words belong to last year's language. And next year's words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning. T.S. Eliot, "Little Gadding"
3. He who breaks a resolution is a weakling; He who makes one is a fool.
4. New Year’s Day is every man’s birthday.
5. In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, but never in want.
6. If you asked me for my New Year Resolution, it would be to find out who I am.
7. “We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.”
8. “New Year's eve is like every other night; there is no pause in the march of the universe, no breathless moment of silence among created things that the passage of another twelve months may be noted; and yet no man has quite the same thoughts this evening that come with the coming of darkness on other nights”
9. “A new year is unfolding – like a blossom with petals curled tightly concealing the beauty within."
10. “This is the day upon which we are reminded of what we are on the other three hundred and sixty.