1. “ You don’t take a photograph, you make it.
2. “ Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph.
3. “ Nothing happens when you sit at home. I always make it a point to carry a camera with me at all times…I just shoot at what interests me at that moment.
4. “ You’ve got to push yourself harder. You’ve got to start looking for pictures nobody else could take. You’ve got to take the tools you have and probe deeper.
5. “ If I saw something in my viewfinder that looked familiar to me, I would do something to shake it up.
6. “ I always thought good photos were like good jokes. If you have to explain it, it just isn’t that good.
7. “ Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop.
8. “It can be a trap of the photographer to think that his or her best pictures were the ones that were hardest to get.
9. “There are two people in every photograph: the photographer and the viewer”
10. On my desk I have a postit with the following quote on it. The quote is by Cardinal de Retx (17th century): in “There is nothing in this world that does not have a decisive moment.”