1. Do you believe you're a starter or a benchwarmer?
Do you believe you're an all-star or an also-ran?
If the answers to these questions are the latter,
your play on the field will reflect it.
But when you've learned to shut off outside influences
and believe in yourself,
there's no telling how good a player you can be.
That's because you have the mental edge.
2.If you believe in yourself,
have dedication and pride and never quit,
you'll be a winner.
The price of victory is high,
but so are the rewards.
3. Perfection is not attainable,
but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
4. The 5 Ss of sports training are:
stamina, speed, strength, skill, and spirit;
but the greatest of these is spirit.
5. Everyone has the desire to win,
but only champions have the desire to prepare.
6. Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.
7. The best feeling in the world
is walking into an athletic atmosphere and knowing
the other athletes are scared to death to compete against you.
8. Athletics should reduce stress, not increase it.
9. I don't think I can play any other way but all out...
I enjoy the game so much because I'm putting so much into it.
10. I've always made a total effort,
even when the odds seemed entirely against me.
I never quit trying;
I never felt that I didn't have a chance to win.