1. “If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”
2. “You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children.”
3. “Make it a rule never to give a child a book you would not read yourself.”
4. “To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.”
5. “No sight so sad as that of a naughty child," he began, "especially a naughty little girl. Do you know where the wicked go after death?"
6. “A DEFINITION NOT FOUND
IN THE DICTIONARY
Not leaving: an act of trust and love,
often deciphered by children”
7. “A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on.”
8. “Children begin by loving their parents; as they grow older they judge them; sometimes they forgive them.”
9. “Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them”
10. “When God Created Mothers"
When the Good Lord was creating mothers, He was into His sixth day of "overtime" when the angel appeared and said. "You're doing a lot of fiddling around on this one."