quotes on photography, quotes photography.






1. “The camera would miss it all. A magnificent picture is never worth a thousand perfect words. Ansel Adams can be a great artist, but he can never be Shakespeare. His tools are too literal.”

2. “I know the best moments can never be captured on film, even as I spend nearly half my life trying to do just that.”

3. “I would never understand photography, the sneaky, murderous taxidermy of it. ”

4. “What's really important is to simplify. The work of most photographers would be improved immensely if they could do one thing: get rid of the extraneous. If you strive for simplicity, you are more likely to reach the viewer. ”

5. “There is in fact something obscene and sinister about photography, a desire to imprison, to incorporate, a sexual intensity of pursuit.”

6. “Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. ”

7. “No matter how much crap you gotta plow through to stay alive as a photographer, no matter how many bad assignments, bad days, bad clients, snotty subjects, obnoxious handlers, wigged-out art directors, technical disasters, failures of the mind, body, and will, all the shouldas, couldas, and wouldas that befuddle our brains and creep into our dreams, always remember to make room to shoot what you love. It’s the only way to keep your heart beating as a photographer.”

8. “It is through living that we discover ourselves, at the same time as we discover the world around us.”

9. “A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you, the less you know.”

10. “When I look at my old pictures, all I can see is what I used to be but am no longer. I think: What I can see is what I am not.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...