1. Emotion in athletics is like sand in the desert, but that's not what has us craving the next motivational statement, the next enthusiastic leader.
2. It's the euphoric speeches that have us enamored, the breathtaking statements that somehow get us riled up and excited for what we now believe is possible.
3. With just several syllables, many sports icons have cemented their legacies and left a framework for how to lead.
4. At one point in your life you either have the thing you want or the reasons why you don't
5. "If practice makes perfect, and no one is perfect, why practice?"
6. Somewhere behind the athlete you've become and the hours of practice and the coaches who have pushed you is a little girl who fell in love with the game and never looked back... play for her.
7. Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else.
8. Winners don't wait for chances, they take them
9. Pain is only temporary but victory is forever.
10. Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong.