1. The only way to get people to like working hard is to motivate them. Today, people must understand why they're working hard. Every individual in an organization is motivated by something different.
2. Teams work better - when they work together.
Brian G. Jett
3. It's easy to figure out who isn't a team player. They'll constantly remind the coach just how good they are.
4. You will find men who want to be carried on the shoulders of others, who think that the world owes them a living. They don't seem to see that we must all lift together and pull together.
5. A pat on the back is only a few vertebrae removed from a kick in the pants, but is miles ahead in results.
6. If you put good people in bad systems you get bad results. You have to water the flowers you want to grow.
7. Always treat your employees exactly as you want them to treat your best customers.
8. The greatest things are accomplished by individual people, not by committees or companies.
9. You can't always wait for the guys at the top. Every manager at every level in the organization has an opportunity, big or small, to do something. Every manager's got some sphere of autonomy. Don't pass the buck up the line.
10.Definiton of a great teammate: a person who makes their teammates look GREAT!