portrait photographers, top portrait photographers.








1. “When we define the Photograph as a motionless image, this does not mean only that the figures it represents do not move; it means that they do not (i)emerge(i), do not (i)leave(i): they are anesthetized and fastened down, like butterflies.”

2. “The camera would miss it all. A magnificent picture is never worth a thousand perfect words. Ansel Adams can be a great artist, but he can never be Shakespeare. His tools are too literal.”

3. “I know the best moments can never be captured on film, even as I spend nearly half my life trying to do just that.”

4. “I would never understand photography, the sneaky, murderous taxidermy of it. ”

5. “What's really important is to simplify. The work of most photographers would be improved immensely if they could do one thing: get rid of the extraneous. If you strive for simplicity, you are more likely to reach the viewer. ”

6. William S. Burroughs
“There is in fact something obscene and sinister about photography, a desire to imprison, to incorporate, a sexual intensity of pursuit.”

7. Ansel Adams
“Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. ”

8. “It is through living that we discover ourselves, at the same time as we discover the world around us.”

9. “When I look at my old pictures, all I can see is what I used to be but am no longer. I think: What I can see is what I am not.”

10. “A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you, the less you know.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...